Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Faces - First Grade

This week was the first time that any of the first graders had earned a shell. I want to look closely at the girl in the middle of this picture who has just received her shell.
Here are two more pictures of the first grade class.
Now here are some individual students' pictures that the computer picked out. I hope you enjoy seeing these happy faces as much as I enjoy showing them to you.



The computer changed the format of the pictures and it was difficult for me to see what I was posting and I do not know how to delete and add others. But I hope you can see by these faces how much these students enjoy receiving their rewards for good classroom behavior and doing their homework. I am beginning to feel more organized and am getting adjusted to the different teaching situation here. I think I enjoy seeing their reactions to learning English and receiving shells as much as they enjoy it. I think there ought to be some way that I could add a short video of a class singing in English. Jay, if you read this, write me and let me know. Or if anyone else knows if it this is possible, please communicate with me.

Tomorrow I am leaving for an all-church camp for 4 days in the interior of Paraguay. The camps here are really nice and in rustic settings. It will be great to enjoy an early Easter morning in the countryside of this beautiful country. Someone told me the camp is about two hours away by car and someone else told me four. So I really do not know. But I thank God for the opportunity of going and serving HIM here in this beautiful country. It is a privilege for me to do that. The weather is beginning to feel a little like fall so it should be more comfortable.

Thank you for your prayers and your support. I could not be here without you. You are definitely a part of this ministry. Have a blessed Resurrection Day Celebration.