Wednesday, March 23, 2011

There is never a time......

I want to thank my niece, Carlene, for sending this to me. It is an excerpt from the devotional gift book Always Loved by Roy Lessin.

The Mind of God Toward You

There is never a time
when you´re not in His thoughts
never a time without grace,
never a time when He turns away
from any need you face.

There is never a time
when you´re not in His heart,
never a time without love,
never a time when you´re not blessed
with good things from above.

How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I wake, I am still with Thee. Psalm 139:17-18

Oh, if we would just open ourselves and receive all that He has for us as His children.

I a great week teaching the students. I teach 28 first graders, two classes of second
graders (one has 18 boys and the other 15 girls), and a third grade class of 23. The students really enjoy the curriculum of much singing and recitation and they are learning a lot. It keeps me very busy the other time preparing the materials. I teach two classes a day and I am exhausted when I finish because I never stop during the hour long class. The heat in the classrooms make it even more exhausting but I love doing it. I think I was born to be a teacher even though that was not my first occupational choice. I wanted to be a court reporter but God decided otherwise and practically picked me up and set me down in a third grade classroom

There is a dengue epidemic here in Paraguay. Dengue is a virus carried by a small Asian mosquito and the second time you get it, it is usually fatal. The last I heard over 50
people had died. I do not always understand the news correctly so I hope I am giving you the correct information. I know that Sara´s aunt who lives across the street from this apartment building was diagnosed with dengue last week. It is like a bad, bad case of the flu, hurting all over and running a high fever and there is no medication for it except something for the pain. The fatal dengue is very severe with hemorrhaging throughout the body and then the body goes into shock. Pray for the people here and pray that God would keep me safe also. These mosquitos are usually out only during the evening and early morning hours.

The governing board for the buses here has voted to raise the bus fare here. Today there were two demonstrations that I saw on the news but they were both peaceful. The poor people cannot afford to pay more, which is true. The people say the buses are in bad shape but how could they be otherwise with the road conditions here. It is a no win situation. I did go somewhere by bus today and had no problems for which I am thankful.

Please continue to pray for the students at the school. Our main desire is that each one would know how much God loves them and cares for them.

If any of you would feel impressed to make a contribution to the ministry here, the instructions are given in any earlier post - I think in January. Thanks so much for your prayers and your support. You are a very important part of this ministry. Once again, here is my email if you would like to contact me or comment about the post. I would especially like to hear from the many people in Paraguay who read it. I can get the stats of how many people in each country read it. So far the countries are: USA, Paraguay, Canada, Germany, Spain, Guatemala, and Argentina.

May you have a Jesus-filled day. Will try to get more pictures. Sara helped me with the first one and now she is back in the US. God bless you.