Sara and I have had a busy week trying to finalize the purchase of many things.
First, I would like to thank all of you who contributed toward the purchase of a copier for the school. We finally decided on the one we wanted and purchased it. It is a Kyocera copier with many options and should last for any years. The price was $1400 and thanks to you I had the money to cover all of it. Today I copied the first little English book for the students. The students are eagerly awaiting their own copy of the A book "Apple Annie". Copier is great. I really like it.
This is the first blog that I am writing from my new computer - a MacBook - different, but so far I like it very much. I think it will be a good computer for here because it is not supposed to have viruses. It takes a while to get used to the new international keyboard (Spanish alphabet has more letters than English).
Today we went shopping for a printer for my computer but all I had with me were American dollars and the company said that at the present time they were not accepting American dollars. The value of the dollar has fallen a lot in the last week. I read that it may be because of its instability against the Japanese yen right now. Who knows? But the exchange rate is very important to the Americans living here. It makes a big difference in my buying power and usually businesses are quick to take dollars.
We also had to visit the TACA Airlines office. Since it was lunch time and we saw two American restaurants in the same building -- Fridays and Hooters -- we decided to eat at Hooters......Oh, no, not really, we chose Fridays. The building was located in a higher class area. People living in the area where I live could not afford to eat at either one.
By the way, have any of you ever received a written apology from an airline????? Well, I received an email with an apology from TACA Airlines telling me they were sorry for messing up my ticket to Asuncion in February. TACA had called me two weeks before my departure and asked if I would rather fly from Miami to Lima, Peru, to Asuncion instead of going through Costa Rica and then to Lima. Yes, I said, since it would make the trip about 7 hours shorter. When they emailed me my itinerary, I saw I had a 25 hour layover in Lima, Peru. Never, never, never would I accept this. So I called and they changed my travel to a day earlier which was great for me. But.....when I arrived at the Miami airport, someone had done something wrong and it took 40 minutes to find the mistake, correct it, and issue my boarding pass. I thought about filing a complaint but then decided not to do it. The counter person or supervisor must have reported it to the company in Central America and they sent an apology. I guess that is why TACA Airlines was voted NUMBER 1 in customer service in Central America and the Caribbean.
Enough for now. Have a great day in Jesus! He is soooooo faithful!!!!!