Here it is almost the middle of March already. How time does fly when one is having fun!!!!! I really do enjoy what I am doing here.
Tomorrow I will have the privilege of teaching in the afternoon in non-air conditioned classrooms with the outside temperature at 102 and the real feel temperature at 107. Can you imagine what the temperature will be inside the small classrooms with 25 very warm students? The temperature has been 100 or more every day for the last week. Fall will begin soon but that is no guarantee that the heat will diminish much. We are supposed to get some rain next week and, if it rains, it will probably cool down for a few days and then get hot again. It has also been very dry.
Last week it was also very hot in the classrooms and I was pleasantly surprised how well-behaved my English students were. But I have to keep moving all the time to keep their minds off of the heat. No matter what, I can still say that God is good. . . . all the time in spite of the circumstances that surround me.
The pastor of the church has finally give permission to buy some wall air conditioners (splits) if we can obtain the money. There are four afternoon classrooms so these would be the most important rooms to cool a little -- not to 70 degrees - probably just to 85-90. Each one would cost about $500 including installation. So....I am asking you to pray about it and see if God would like for you to help with this project. I will explain how you can do that later.
My son, Tom, will be bringing a group of volleyball girls here in May so an account has been set up for donations through Southwest Sunset Volleyball Club and the donations are tax deductible. He can get the money to me as soon as it arrives to him. Any amount would be appreciated by the students and teachers of the school.
Address for donations:
Southwest Sunset Volleyball Club
1754 Oakley Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Please attach a note that it is for this project (do not write it on the check). The checks should be made payable to: Southwest Sunset Volleyball Club. When you sent a donation, please email me at betty7baxter@yahoo.com informing me so that we can make sure that it is received.
Thank you so much for your attention. I will write more on a later blog but want to get this one sent as soon as possible.
I constantly stand amazed at the faithfulness of God to his children and I thank God for you. May he continue to bless you.