There is an organization called Transparency International (www.transparency.org) that rates the countries of the world from the least corrupt (number 1) to the most corrupt (the largest number).
You can go to their website and download their report if you wish. I think it is very interesting. The highest score that a country can attain is a 10 and there were no 10s.
Three countries tied for the number one spot earning 9.3 points out of the possible 10.
Denmark, New Zealand, and Singapore
Thought you might be interested to see where the US ranked. The US and Belgium tied for the
number 22 spot with a score of 7.1 out of 10. Maybe this surprises you and maybe it doesn´t.
Now for my adopted country, Paraguay. Paraguay is ranked number 146 with a score of 2.2.
Paraguay is tied with some famous countries (maybe you have heard of them).
Iran, Haiti, Libya, Nepal, Yemen, Cameroon, Cote d'ivory (I think this is the Ivory Coast).
I forgot to check the exact spots for the US and Paraguay for 2009 but I do think Paraguay has improved some. Maybe the other countries have just become worse.
Hope you enjoyed this little bit of information.